Thursday, December 1, 2011

Newt Gingrich 1st in Recent Poll of Newt Gingrich Supporters

Gingrich wiping away a tear from laughter when someone suggested that anyone else can win the nomination
A recent poll released by Public Policy Polling (PPP) has put Newt Gingrich ahead of the rest of the pack among Newt Gingrich supporters in the US. The poll, conducted December 1st, was conducted an entire 15 hours after Ron Paul released his sweltering ad confronting Gingrich on being, for lack of a better word, an "asshat", seen below:


The ad has been out for an entire 24 hours, but that does not seem to have made the support for Gingrich to decline among Gingrich supporters. The poll, which featured an introductory question of "Do you support Newt Gingrich?", was then followed by several policy questions and ended with reading a list of presidential candidates for the GOP nomination. Only those surveyed who answered "yes" to the first question were asked the remainder of the questions.

This poll coincides with other recent polls, all which put Gingrich at the top of the Republican field. "I think everyone else should just drop out," Gingrich said after reading the poll results. "I think it is pretty obvious by how much support I have that I am going to win, then beat Obama, and then continue to rape America before I divorce lady liberty like a fourth wife."

When asked what he thought of the other candidates, Gingrich responded with "What other candidates?" After a brief, awkward pause as though he was waiting for applause, he continued: "No, listen, I have hair on my testicles more important than those tools. I am Newt Gingrich. Need I say more?"

 The full results of the poll can be seen below:

"In the upcoming GOP primary race, who would you vote for as the candidate if you had to vote today?"
  1. Newt Gingrich - 83%
  2. Mitt Romney - 5%
  3. Ron Paul - 3%
  4. Rick Santorum - 1%
  5. Herman Cain - 0%
  6. Rick Perry - (-1%)
  7. Unsure - 4%
  8. "Who is this? Are you a machine?" - 4%
Interestingly, Rick Perry gained negative 1% of the vote, gained dubiously by someone surveyed shouting into the phone "I want it to be known that I no longer support Rick Perry. I want you to relay that message to him, if he can even comprehend it", but subsequently not choosing a candidate before hanging up the phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment